Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgic Video Games

2 posters

Go down

Nostalgic Video Games Empty Nostalgic Video Games

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 2:39 am

You know those games that you used to play on your dad's computer, over at a friend's or in some other way when you were a very small kid? Well, those are the games we usually remember the most and seek out when we become gamers to experience once again, but this time as experienced players. So what are the games that bring the most pleasant feelings of nostalgia to your mind? Here are the ones I can remember:

Civilization II (1996) - my dad is a big Civ fan; he used to play them very often until recently. I remember watching him play Civ II when I was very small, then finally being "brave" enough to play it. This was the first turn-based strategy game I've ever played, and the first to hook me into the strategy genre (both turn-based and real-time).

Duke Nukem 3D (1996) - without a doubt one of the most influential shooters in gaming history, every first-person shooter released after it has taken something from it and that is fact. This game is right up there with Unreal, Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake.

Soul Edge (1996) - the very first of the "Soul" fighting game series, released even before the first Soulcalibur game. This was really awesome back in the day - another game I used to love playing whenever I came over to a friend's house. Razz

Fallout & Fallout 2 (1997, 1998) - saw these two game years ago, in the early 2000s, at a friend's house. Since then, I've owned every single Fallout game released for PC, from Fallout 1 to Fallout: New Vegas... nuff said. Razz

Unreal Tournament (1999) - much like Duke, very influential and revolutionary for its time - however, this game was more about the multiplayer than the singleplayer. Its online functions are today just as great and amazing as they were twelve years ago when it was released.

The Sims (2000) - I used to love real-life simulations when I was a kid, and this one was my favourite. Back then, it was amazing for me. Since that time I've lost a lot of interest in the series, but I can't deny that I used to love it.

Aliens versus Predator 2 (2001) - read my review and you'll know why I think it's one of the best games ever made. I remember trying it out for the first time ages ago at a friend's house, thinking how amazingly cool it was at the time. Recently bought this game myself and completed it, had even more of an effect on me.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002) - the first video game of the GTA series that I've ever played, but this one was actually at school when my older brother and his friends used to take it to school and play it on the school's computers during a sort of ICT club that took place after lessons... they also let me play it, which I felt really cool about back in 2003 because it was an 18+/Mature game and I was around seven-years-old. Laughing

What about you, guys and girls? What are your favourite, most nostalgic video games of all time? Tell us! Smile
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Nostalgic Video Games Empty Re: Nostalgic Video Games

Post  deatheven Thu 07 Jul 2011, 6:12 am

Halo 1 - I remember, never hearing of this game, then my brother all of a sudden bought it and played it. when i went to play with him on it, i honestly wouldn't let go of the controller, i would sit in every hour i could with my older brother driving a warthog. I drive really good on Halo games thanks to him Smile

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - I use to watch, again, my older brother on this game and think "omg, you're so good" and whenever i played it i'd get scared. So when i was older and he had bought it for the gamecube as a special edition, i played it and lets just say, Ganondorf is now my bitch Wink

Sim city - This was on the SNES, my mam use to play it many a time while me and my twin would watch, We would love watching my mam build massive cities and make them look stunning. When i got a bit older, i would play it and my mam would help me. Then once i was a little bit older i would play it by myself and build my own civilisation Smile

Thats all i can remember for now, but more will come if they come to mind Smile
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:29 am

deatheven wrote:Sim city
I remember this one a bit, but not entirely. Played the PC version once, but I was VERY small back then and had no idea how to play so that's probably why I didn't memorize it like the other games. Razz
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Thu 07 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

CrimsonWolf wrote:
deatheven wrote:Sim city
I remember this one a bit, but not entirely. Played the PC version once, but I was VERY small back then and had no idea how to play so that's probably why I didn't memorize it like the other games. Razz

I don't think the one i'm on about was out for PC, but what's stopping it? XD it was an amazing game, quite simple if you new what to do and quite fun at the same time Smile
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:50 am

I've read some stuff about it. It was the exact same thing, just that the original was released for (basically) an old version of a Microsoft PC, then ported to loads of other systems (like the SNES). It's just like multiplatform games such as Assassin's Creed - that game was released for each of the big three; the PC, PS3 and 360. So it was the same with Sim City, but it was originally released in 1989 and was ported over to a crapload of other systems... people really liked it back then! Smile
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:52 am

Well there we go, learn something new each day Wink No matter what console it was on, it was amazing. All of them are, but some of the new ones you need to know what you're doing Smile
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Sat 09 Jul 2011, 3:52 am

I played the DOS version (the original) and I guess I was so small, I didn't know what I was doing anyway. Laughing
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down