Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Xbox exclusive series

5 posters

Go down

Your favourite Xbox exclusive series Empty Your favourite Xbox exclusive series

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:53 am

This thread is for everyone to share their opinions and tell us their favourite video game series, exclusive to the Xbox and/or Xbox 360. It can be any series, but it has to have at least two games for it to count as a series and it must be exclusive to this gaming platform. Popular examples: Halo, Gears of War, Fable etc.
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Xbox exclusive series Empty Re: Your favourite Xbox exclusive series

Post  Servannus Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:07 am

All of the people who know me should probably guess this already but I have to say the Halo series for multiple reasons:
1. The story is well thought out and captivating.
2. Online multyplayer, with the fun customisation and game types.
3. The musical score, especially from Halo 3, is very good and even though it changed at Reach it was still very good.
4. Quite "Friend Friendly", it's a great way just to relax with friends be it fighting off the many alien hordes or just map editing.

This would closely be followed by Fable, but halo was the first game I played for X-box so always shall have a place in my nerdy heart Smile
Servannus
Servannus
Gamer

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Xbox exclusive series Empty Re: Your favourite Xbox exclusive series

Post  deatheven Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:21 am

Servannus wrote:All of the people who know me should probably guess this already but I have to say the Halo series for multiple reasons:
1. The story is well thought out and captivating.
2. Online multyplayer, with the fun customisation and game types.
3. The musical score, especially from Halo 3, is very good and even though it changed at Reach it was still very good.
4. Quite "Friend Friendly", it's a great way just to relax with friends be it fighting off the many alien hordes or just map editing.

This would closely be followed by Fable, but halo was the first game I played for X-box so always shall have a place in my nerdy heart Smile

I agree with you completely, Halo is the most amazing game series I've encountered, but Fable has amazed me to a far extent as well. But fable sort of went a bit bad after each new game Sad
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Warlord James Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:15 am

I have only 2 games i can think of right know
1 Halo 1 , Halo 2 , Halo 3 , Halo wars , Halo ODST , Halo reach ( im not sure if halo wars or halo odst came out first i did not find out about the games till both of them where out so =)
2 Gears of War , Gears of War 2 and (coming soon) Gears of War 3.
Warlord James
Warlord James
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

Believe it or not, I don't own any Halo game and only played local multiplayer of Reach and ODST. To be honest, from what I've seen, heard and played of the series - it doesn't look like anything original or worth my money. Maybe they're just not my type of games or I should play more of them. However, Halo: Combat Evolved looks like the best of that series and the thought of getting it has crossed my mind many times.

On the other hand, Gears of War looks awesome to me. I will eventually get it for the PC, but it's fairly hard to find and a bit expensive (unlike the 360 version, which is common).
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:13 am

The halo series are well worth your money but it doesn't mean get all of them. The main three in my opinion which is Halo: combat evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3 are enough. You can consider reach but if you don't want to just get those 3. Tbh though with all the new games coming out and the many games there are, and because you haven't played Halo at all really, They won't seem original. but you should try it out if you can Smile
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SPARTAN301 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 3:37 am

ive only played halo 3, wars, odst and reach and most of them i loved but im not that into ODST
SPARTAN301
SPARTAN301
Advanced Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down