Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Genre

4 posters

Go down

Favourite Genre Empty Favourite Genre

Post  Servannus Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:22 am

Now, we all know about the many movies out there. Some are funny, some are sad. Some are kind and uplifting, while others crush your dreams. The question however is out of of these genres what would you call your favourite?

For myself, it would be horror but not today's "Look there's a monster and a semi-naked girl" horrors, but the older perhaps more cheesy horrors from the mid 70s to early 90s. They had a certain style to them, and even if the effects were ropy you could really appreciate how much time and effort went into crafting them Smile
Servannus
Servannus
Gamer

Back to top Go down

Favourite Genre Empty Re: Favourite Genre

Post  deatheven Tue 13 Dec 2011, 6:21 pm

I think you have that the wrong way round.. the 70s to 90s had naked girls in every scene, but they were more terrifying. The new movie's are more, not horror but "it can't happen so it's scary horror" like aliens or something.. the old fashioned no CGI zombies, mummies and werewolf's are scary. My favourite is action comedy Razz
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:58 am

I don't really have a favourite genre of film, since I always find exceptions in what I like.
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Servannus Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:03 am

deatheven wrote:I think you have that the wrong way round.. the 70s to 90s had naked girls in every scene

At least their naked girls were out of high school XD
Servannus
Servannus
Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:32 am

Servannus wrote:
deatheven wrote:I think you have that the wrong way round.. the 70s to 90s had naked girls in every scene

At least their naked girls were out of high school XD

Nope, it was always quite young women, now a days it's not, there's actually less nudity

@crimsonwolf same here, but i generally have a taste for fantasy, action comedy and certain martial arts movies.. and historical movies depending on what history Smile
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPARTAN301 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:43 am

I myself have no favourite genre but i absouloutly hate vampire films (except Blade) ever since i was forced to watch Twilight in English lesson and i felt like shooting all of the actors in the film and the creator of twilight as it the only film i have watched that has made blood thirsty monsters in to a stupid sparkling F**king peices of c**k sucking w**king motherf**k**s and sorry for the swearwords but i hate twilight so much so i hade to rant about it. Mad But i like 1 or 2 war films like Saving Private Ryan as i am quite into WW2 as a history subject and i also like Sci-fi movies like star wars. Very Happy
SPARTAN301
SPARTAN301
Advanced Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:58 am

SPARTAN301 wrote:ever since i was forced to watch Twilight in English lesson and i felt like shooting all of the actors in the film and the creator of twilight as it the only film i have watched that has made blood thirsty monsters in to a stupid sparkling F**king peices of c**k sucking w**king motherf**k**s and sorry for the swearwords but i hate twilight so much so i hade to rant about it. Mad
No worries, as long as you don't offend other members of the forum, you can swear but it still isn't encouraged. However, I have to admit that your comment made me grin. Razz
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SPARTAN301 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:10 am

CrimsonWolf wrote:
SPARTAN301 wrote:ever since i was forced to watch Twilight in English lesson and i felt like shooting all of the actors in the film and the creator of twilight as it the only film i have watched that has made blood thirsty monsters in to a stupid sparkling F**king peices of c**k sucking w**king motherf**k**s and sorry for the swearwords but i hate twilight so much so i hade to rant about it. Mad
No worries, as long as you don't offend other members of the forum, you can swear but it still isn't encouraged. However, I have to admit that your comment made me grin. Razz
I put the stars in the words so it may not offend others as easily so as long as nobody asks me of my opinion on twilight this is probalely the only time i swear so much Very Happy
SPARTAN301
SPARTAN301
Advanced Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:27 pm

AI agree with crimson on this, it isn't encouraged to swear but don't offend people Very Happy but we all know that twilight is that worst thing to happen to vampires -_-
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Servannus Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:42 am

deatheven wrote:twilight is that worst thing to happen to vampires -_-

Amen brother
Servannus
Servannus
Gamer