Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favourite Movies

Go down

Your Favourite Movies Empty Your Favourite Movies

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:21 am

Simple, just post a list of as many of your favourite movies as you can possibly remember. Also, feel free to tell everyone why you like them and think they're so awesome. Smile Here's my list:

Star Wars Saga
Some of the very best films ever made in the history of world cinema (especially the original trilogy). Although the prequel trilogy isn't as great, it's still very good, comes together well with the original movies and makes a fantastic collection of six unique stories.

The Dark Knight
A darker and less childish portrayal of Batman that is supported by some great acting and haunting soundtrack. Although it is an awesome movie to watch on a big screen, it is a lot more than just eye-candy.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Three amazing films telling the epic tale of the One Ring. It is hard to capture a whole book on even as much as three hours of film, not to mention three books! But I could not imagine this epic, written trilogy being so flawlessly transferred onto a screen in any other than this way.

Alien
One of the most atmospheric, tension-building and serene masterpieces of cinema.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
An epic, exciting, entertaining and almost-three-hour-long spaghetti western tale, directed by none other than the master of Italian westerns; Sergio Leone - with a perfect theme composed by Enio Morricone.

Once Upon a Time in the West
Another one of Sergio Leone's western masterpieces, which is in my opinion, even superior to his later released "Once Upon a Time in America" film.

Indiana Jones Quadrilogy
Very exciting, funny and colourful movies, telling the tale of an adventurer. Although the fourth movie was probably a little over the top and inferior to the previous three, it was still a very fun ride.

Watchmen: The Motion Comic
The comic book itself is fantastic, but how they've managed to transfer it onto the screen without losing any of its quality by simply slightly animating the pictures and adding some audio is beyond me.

The Godfather
If you've seen this film, then you know that no explanation is needed... it's a piece of art.

Harry Potter Films
Once again, another book series that is skilfully transferred onto the screen - though maybe not as well as the Lord of the Rings - it is still a very cool & nostalgic series that brings back many memories for me.

Princess Mononoke
This is pretty much the only anime that I like (apart from Pokemon and Dragoball Z which I loved watching when I was little). Princess Mononoke is truly a great animated film.

Goodfellas
Another mobster/mafia masterpiece, but this one is based on a true story.

Platoon
One of my very favourite movies, written and directed by someone who has experienced the Vietnam War himself, Platoon shows us the terrifying horrors of the infamous jungle conflict like few other films do.

There you go, that's my list. What are your favourites?
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down