Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conversation from review thread

3 posters

Go down

Conversation from review thread Empty Conversation from review thread

Post  CrimsonWolf Sat 03 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

Instead of continuing mine and deatheven's conversation about Steam in the other thread and going more off-topic, I decided to carry on with it here. Smile

No - it is still all about money. You used to be able to install PC games on multiple computers, even play them at the same time as long as they didn't have those stupid & pointless CD-check programs, but that is no longer the case. Steam is both one of the best and worst things that's ever happened to PC gaming. Best, because it offers some of the most fantastic sale deals of any online service which sells games and you don't have to bother with putting the disc in for any game. Worst, because it limits the consumer's rights to games (which, once bought and paid for with the consumer's money, are property of the buyer), bugs everyone with its annoying updates and many of its games are really hard to launch because of all the security measures, check-ups and connections it utilizes every time on start-up.

We've had free online multiplayer, user-created modifications and quality games on the PC always... However, with Steam (that's run by Valve Corporation), and many others giants (such as Activision and Electronic Arts), everything is slowly changing. More and more worthless DLC is being released to steal from the wallets of the masses. "Just one more map pack, mom!" or "It's not expensive - only a few bucks a month, so I'll pay for it." The ways how people fall for such primitive marketing techniques and manipulation of psychoanalysis studies; makes you wonder if perhaps we'd have been better off if Sigmund Freud didn't invent psychoanalysis in the first place.
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Conversation from review thread Empty Re: Conversation from review thread

Post  deatheven Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

i'm like that with the call of duty: Nazi zombie map packs,. except the last one XD but obviously, the game is yours when you bought it but if you're able to install it on multiple computers then the world only needs one game and that can be shared around. So as i said, it is fair but it's unfortunate. Razz And in all fairness, businesses and companies are basically, in short term meant to try and get your money. It's how they survive in the market etc. but if you get a good company, they get all the money, to bring out better stuff. Bad companies just use the money on useless shit that's already been done Sad
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Sun 04 Dec 2011, 1:18 am

You can't just dismiss the terrible deeds of worldwide corporations by saying it is their job to do so. Would you say the same to children working as slave labour in developing countries, where the rich businessmen of the West fuck their human rights each and every day? Would you say the same to the 2,700+ people in the UK who die every winter because they can’t afford their soaring heating bills? All of these are effects of the few rich at the top, the bourgeois, who rip us off every single day of our lives - sometimes you don't even realize it. Every advertisement you see on television, every fee you pay for things that used to be free and still should be, every little injustice in society that people dismiss as unimportant problems.

Gaming used to be much more like a hobby. Only fifteen or so years ago, people who played video games were still labelled as either children, teenagers, or nerds with no lives. But gaming kept growing, and it has grown to such an extent that most teens and young adults in the richer countries play games and it's no longer looked down upon - no longer are people discriminated for it so badly. This is good. But as it grew more popular, the companies, the corporations and the rich pigs saw profit in it... They were right. Gaming has become so popular that they've managed to turn it into a large industry which gets them more money than you could imagine.
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Sun 04 Dec 2011, 8:26 am

c'mon, take these *hands him some chill pills*. It's best never to worry about such things and just think about good things, like spending a day in Edinburgh with your friends for example Razz and comparing what i said to slave labor etc. is wrong, a businesses aim is to get money, the slave labor is forced and that is all horrible. remember though, at the end of the day it's better you waste your money on gaming companies than war, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes etc. Razz so the message to take away from this is - fuck everyone else, live for the good times Very Happy
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:11 am

deatheven wrote:c'mon, take these *hands him some chill pills*. It's best never to worry about such things and just think about good things, like spending a day in Edinburgh with your friends for example Razz and comparing what i said to slave labor etc. is wrong, a businesses aim is to get money, the slave labor is forced and that is all horrible. remember though, at the end of the day it's better you waste your money on gaming companies than war, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes etc. Razz so the message to take away from this is - fuck everyone else, live for the good times Very Happy
I wish life was indeed so simple. Laughing Speaking of not worrying about bad things... Why not watch my next Let's Play vid of Skyrim? Cool
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

Hell yeah! i want to see some dragons Razz
deatheven
deatheven
Admin