Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Reach

3 posters

Go down

Halo Reach  Empty Halo Reach

Post  SPARTAN301 Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:12 am

Score 10/10

The halo series is one of the most popular series on the Xbox with its great story as you play against the covenant, a strong and powerful race of aliens, who want to destroy all of humanity, Halo Reach tells more about the story of humanities struggle against the Covenant and is the send off from Bungie as it is their last halo game.

Difficulty: easy, normal, hardened, legendary, your choice.
Time spent: Over 200 hours.
The bottom line: An excellent game.
Platform: Xbox 360

As you start Halo Reach you now get a credit system to buy more armor and armor abilities and get an option of the game mode you want to go on. The choices are: campaign, matchmaking, custom game, firefight and forge. I will start with the campaign mode and to be honest, it isn’t the best campaign in the series but it is still an excellent campaign as you play as noble 6 of the noble group, a group of Spartans who fight together against the covenant for most of the game. While playing the campaign the story will progress until your last stand against the covenant.
Now I will get on to the firefight mode. First seen in Halo 3: ODST firefight, halo reach has made firefight a lot better as you now can create your own firefight modes. For example there is now a game mode called gruntapocalypse in Reach and you now can modify the grunts; vision, hearing, how trigger happy you want them to be and etc. But you can also play as an Elite in firefight as well which means you now can kill the other players playing as Spartans which increases the fun in the games as you attempt to kill each other.
Unfortunately, I do not have Xbox Live so I can’t tell you much about the multiplayer modes in Reach so I will just tell you about the game modes. There are even more additional game modes in Reach as well as the classic game modes like juggernought and slayer you also get new modes like Race, Invasion and more.
And now, my favorite mode on Reach, Forge. First seen in halo 3 forge has come a long way from its basic editing as you now can precisely place objects on the map. And with the new map which is probably the biggest halo map made in the halo series called forge world, you can now invent your own maps and create new inventions as well. I in all probability spent most of my time on Halo Reach on forge as I find it highly addictive to create my own maps. This is also helpful if you want a lot of credits to spend in the armory.
Overall, this is a great game with superb new weapons, modes, and campaign and with little negatives and a great new graphics this is an absolutely great game to play and you will not be wasting your money.

Positives :
Great gameplay
Addictive game modes
Excellent new weapons
The overpowered pistol is still here
forge is better than before

Negatives:
the load times are a bit annoying

Last edited by SPARTAN301 on Thu 10 Nov 2011, 5:05 am; edited 2 times in total
SPARTAN301
SPARTAN301
Advanced Gamer

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach  Empty Re: Halo Reach

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 10 Nov 2011, 4:39 am

Good review, I have a only a few things to whine about. Razz Only bad things about it that I could find were:

1. A few incorrect spellings, but those can be easily found (I suggest writing future reviews in Microsoft Word or any other word processing program that has auto-correct and spellchecker features, as these make getting rid of those annoying hiccups fast & easy).
2. You missed out plenty of opportunities to fill this review with varied punctuation to make it more interesting and easier to read.
3. There's a bit of a lack of descriptive language. You write in a sophisticated way, but you should try to go more in-depth about each of the game's features and describe them as best as you can. This would also be a good time to use metaphors/similes and other techniques to hook the reader into what you've written.

Still, those are just some gripes I have with the review and overall, it is very good. It's short & informative, plus it gets your point across in a fast and simple way. Just remember to experiment. You can always go more in-depth - and write more complicated stuff - in future reviews. As for the game, I can't say anything about it. I've heard Reach is great but I've never played a lot of it since I don't have an Xbox. Wink
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SPARTAN301 Thu 10 Nov 2011, 5:01 am

ok i've corrected the spellings mistakes and i'll take your comments into consideration for the next review i do Smile
SPARTAN301
SPARTAN301
Advanced Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Thu 10 Nov 2011, 5:14 am

I'm the nice admin, i think your review is great. although i agree with crimsonwolf, if you have the time to do it, go into more detail with some features, especially the ones you like Smile
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:28 am

deatheven wrote:I'm the nice admin, i think your review is great.
People learn from mistakes. If that didn't apply to the human race, the first few of us that appeared on this planet would've been hunted down & devoured by the wildlife. We would've gone extinct in a matter of days. Just saying that it's important to tell people how to improve, otherwise they never will. Remember that and you'll be happier with each new achievement. Wink

With that said, I'm glad to see you're keen to improve Spartan. Keep up the good work! Very Happy
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

Yeah, it is good to see you eager to improve. Keep up the reviews and we'll be looking forward to more Smile
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down