Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite bands

2 posters

Go down

Your favourite bands Empty Your favourite bands

Post  deatheven Wed 13 Jul 2011, 5:14 am

Hey everyone, i want to know what you're favourite bands are Smile
Tell us any band you want, what genre it is if you know or be plain for e.g. metal. Give only up to 10 bands, sorry but we don't want people being overloaded with bands to search up do we now? Also, tell people 3-5 songs that you want to recommend by that band Smile

Disturbed - Metal (it has been debated by others, but people have mostly said nu-metal
1) Ten Thousand Fists
2) Indestructible
3) Prayer

system of a down - I have no idea what genre they are, but metal to be simple XD
1) B.Y.O.B.
2) Prison song
3) Chop Suey

Godsmack - Metal, i'm not too familiar with the exact type of metal these bands are sorry Razz
1) I Stand Alone
2) Awake
3) Cryin' Like A Bitch

Blind Guardian - Fantasy Metal
1) Sacred Worlds
2) Into The Storm
3) Valkyries

Breaking Benjamin - Nu-metal
1) Breath
2) Blow Me Away
3) The Diary Of Jane

Korn - no idea sorry Sad
1) Word Up
2) Coming Undone
3) Falling Away From Me
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Your favourite bands Empty Re: Your favourite bands

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:44 am

I'm positive that Korn used to play nu-metal and still do. Blind Guardian isn't fantasy metal, it's power metal - at times speed metal. Razz Also, I believe you're right about Disturbed being nu-metal, but they also try to be hard rock. Anyway, regarding the topic of this thread; I wish I could list my favourites but there are simply too many and I would never be able to decide which bands to put on my top list without feeling regret about not putting down a different band that I like. Laughing

However, I can say with confidence that I enjoy a lot of heavy metal, thrash metal, power metal and some speed metal (but most of it is the real stuff from the '80s, because the majority of these modern bands that call themselves "heavy metal" are crap to me and everyone else who was the same age I am this moment, but back in the eighties).

Other genres of music that I enjoy listening to are: some punk (but once again, the old stuff - those posers are overpopulating the world today) and ‘60s/’50s Rock ‘n’ Roll or Rockabilly. Because I listen to music from so many different genres, I wouldn’t call myself a metalhead, punk or rocker. However, I can happily say that I know much more about all of the music I listen to than other people my age (sadly, most of those my age are posers including a lot of my friends).
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Thu 14 Jul 2011, 6:09 am

yes thanks for the korn update, i heard it was nu-metal. I know blind guardian are fantasy metal or something along those lines, but that's not like a main genre, but yeah they're speed metal sometimes and power metal, oh yeah i remember, it was "melodic death metal" supposedly, which i like because Blind guardian are many genres Smile and i know what you mean, i just looked through the albums i had, and i just didn't want to say too many bands in case people didn't want to read it XD
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down