Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CD Projekt... I love you!

2 posters

Go down

CD Projekt... I love you! Empty CD Projekt... I love you!

Post  CrimsonWolf Sat 14 Jan 2012, 4:26 am

Never in my life have I ever seen a game developer this devoted, this loyal and this honest to its fans.

The Witcher was released in 2007, a unique role-playing game created by Polish developer CD Projekt RED, based on the novels written by Andrzej Sapkowski. Although it never became very popular among the western countries of the world, it was an amazing game. It told a fantastic story and used stellar character design. It wasn't perfect as it was running on a heavily-modified version of the Aurora Engine, and yet despite of that fact, it was still great and new - especially for a studio with such a low budget. Even a large company known all over the world (BioWare) was inspired by The Witcher's astonishing achievement - so they shamelessly ripped-off many of its elements in their own newer game; the financially successful Dragon Age: Origins, from 2009.

CD Projekt then moved on to The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings... and guess what? To this day it is one of the most technologically advanced and visually, artistically stunning games on the PC! But that wasn't all; the game was packed with quality content and is, in my opinion, even better than some of the giants of the role-playing genre, such as: the Dragon Age series, the Mass Effect series, the Fallout series and I'm even tempted to say (but still find it difficult to decide) the Elder Scrolls series. Yes, it is THAT incredible.

However, the game had some annoying bugs at launch. Surprise, surprise; CD Projekt RED fixed them within three weeks of the game's release (as opposed to the sloppy job that Bethesda is doing, where it has been two months and Skyrim is still packed with tons of bugs). In addition, with each new patch, CD Projekt included additional content 100% free of charge. This content was often equal in size (and better in quality) to that of DLC that's being released by other companies for their own games (who are of course charging ridiculous amounts of money for them). Anyway, The Witcher 2 has been polished up to near-perfection since then.

Now, check out this link and read the whole article - it really isn't long at all: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/witcher-2-dev-stops-pursuing-pirates-6348579

Who the hell are these guys? There is no other company out there in the world who would be willing to give up so much money just for the sake of their fans. I love CD Projekt RED and I hope they receive support from more people, so they can continue to provide us with marvellous products that we are willing to pay for.

Fucking pirates
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

CD Projekt... I love you! Empty Re: CD Projekt... I love you!

Post  deatheven Sat 14 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm

Tbh.. that's one of the best companies, for the sake, they actually prove that they think about fans.. i know a lot of companies who would've kept searching, whether they would have eventually accused a fan who hasn't got an illegal copy or not. Even if they had accused the wrong fan or more, they would've came up with an excuse like "oh, well it's not our fault"
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Sun 15 Jan 2012, 1:41 am

Yes, and tha'ts precisely the point! Smile It's sad though that CD Projekt have to suffer so much for the fans. After all, imagine how much more financially successful the game and whole company would be now if those 4.5 million copies were legally bought in addition to the 1 million sold. Sad
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum