Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty3

3 posters

Go down

Call of Duty3 Empty Call of Duty3

Post  SPARTAN301 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:17 am

Score 8/10

Call of Duty 3 is the third main Call of duty on the Xbox and Xbox 360 after Finest Hour (Xbox) and COD2. It is also the first Call of Duty game from Treyarc.

Difficulty: rather normal but lighting in game at times can cause difficulty
Time spent: 50-60 hours
The bottom line: you can drive a motorbike and a jeep
Platform: Xbox 360

Call of Duty 3 is set after the D-day landings and in the hedgerows of Normandy as you play as a Polish tank commander, an American and Canadian infantryman and a member of the British SAS as you push the Germans out of France and free Paris from German oppression.

When you start the campaign you have a similar tutorial to Infinity Wards Call of Duty 2 Red army training so instead of being a Soviet soldier in Stalingrad you are an American infantryman in Normandy. And like COD2’s training you soon get into action and fight the German army. Instead of the usual American, Russian and British campaigns that were in call of duty 2, you also get to fight as a Polish soldier and as a Canadian soldier but not as a Russian. This is a nice change from just playing as an American and Russian soldiers as it gives a new look to the game and tells you more about what the fronts were like in the eyes of an different nationality fighting against the Third Reich.

Now when I say “you can drive a motorbike and a jeep” I mean that you can actually drive a motorbike and a jeep but the motorbike is only in the multiplayer. In a few missions in the campaign as an member of the British SAS and as a polish tank commander you get to control a tank as a polish tank commander (obviously) and a jeep as the SAS member. But I would recommend you to stay in first person when driving the jeep as it is better in first person and when you put it in third person the characters look wooden.

The graphics in COD3 are better than the ones in COD2 as the enemy can now actually aim at you when you’re close by and the NPC’s movements are much smoother so instead of a jerky quick scoping enemy you now get a much more realistic enemy who can shoot you if you’re nearby. And now the enemy actually beats the crap out of you when your 1cm away instead of the idiot thinking about bashing you to death with a rifle which happens in COD2. And the gameplay feels a lot better as it feels like your getting shot at by Jerry and yes I did complain about the reloading of the weapons but the bolt action rifles are quite cool with the reloading as it feels smooth. The details in the game are pretty good and are on the same level as the COD2’s details.

I’m not really sure if you can actually go on XBOX LIVE to play on the online multiplayer anymore and I couldn’t know anyways as I don’t have LIVE. But I have tried the multiplayer maps and they are HUGE! As you can have up to 24 players online playing on 1 map and the maps are the largest in the whole COD series and the only maps where you can drive vehicles like jeeps, tanks and motorbikes which are pretty awesome. You also get to sprint in the multiplayer which is good for getting away faster. And at times you go into a close combat scene with a German trying to kill you with a rifle or a knife which is fun the first time but after the second time it gets annoying.

There is a cool bonus material option in the main menu which tells you the backgrounds of the main characters in the campaign and why they are fighting. There is also info on Ally and Axis vehicles and weapons which is also quite cool, so if you want to know the effective range of the weapon you like killing the Nazi’s with you can look at it in the bonus material.

So to sum up’ Treyarc have done extremely well in their first Call of Duty game with good graphics, amazing driveable vehicle’s, and good campaign. This is a great game to play with the cool music track in the menu and cool bonus material but it has a few bugs.

Good:
• New graphics
• New playable nationalities
• Drivable vehicles
• Huge multiplayer maps
• Good campaign
• Better NPC’s
Bad:
• Un-skippable cut scenes
• Game glitches easily
SPARTAN301
SPARTAN301
Advanced Gamer

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty3 Empty Re: Call of Duty3

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:17 am

Good review. Smile You could improve your vocabulary a bit - just make it a little more varied. For example; you use the word "cool" more than a few times. There's nothing wrong with that word, but next time try to mix it all up a bit by choosing synonyms of words you want to use so none of the sentences sound repetitive. Other than that, it is a nice, brief & quite informative review.
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SPARTAN301 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:31 am

thanks for the comment Smile and the reason why i used "cool" a few times is because my word prosseceser fails at life Sad
SPARTAN301
SPARTAN301
Advanced Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:29 am

really crimson, vocabulary? XD well done though spartan Very Happy
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWolf Thu 17 Nov 2011, 9:34 am

deatheven wrote:really crimson, vocabulary? XD well done though spartan Very Happy
Interesting vocabulary is one of the writing techniques that can make literature truly fascinating to read. Smile
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  deatheven Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:27 pm

i'm quite weird, yes, vocabulary is needed but when people specifically teachers say you need ll this different punctuation and rules i disagree. I don't care if they have punctuation like semi-colons in their work. But yeah vocab is needed Razz
deatheven
deatheven
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down