Gaming For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Nation difficulty advice

2 posters

Go down

Dead Nation difficulty advice Empty Dead Nation difficulty advice

Post  CrimsonWolf Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:27 am

Dead Nation (that awesome zombie shooter which was included as one of the free games in Sony's welcome back package to all users) can be challenging even on "braindead" difficulty. However, you don't know just how difficult it truly is until you try the higher levels of difficulty. So, has anyone got any advice for gamers who try to complete a playthrough of the game on "grim" to unlock "morbid" and "undead"? I managed to collect 40% of the game’s trophies since I've played it for the first time yesterday so that's good and it'll probably be a fairly easy platinum, but today after finishing it, I made an attempt at "grim" and it was quite hard.

Here's some of my advice: at all times, keep moving! Even if it's just going in circles, don't ever let any zombies near you. Melee can be effective on lower difficulties, but it's not even worth trying to stab a zombie on "grim". Use flares often - whenever there's even a slight chance of a mob destroying you completely. They're cheap and you can even throw them next to cars without alarms, and then shoot the cars when the zombies are busy watching the flare. Razz

Don't get used to having a powerful & fully upgraded weapon that you've bought, because you cannot carry it over to other playthroughs... yeah, I know it sucks. Sad But the armour you collect is always saved and you get it on all playthroughs, whether you choose to play as Scarlett or Jack. Don't EVER waste cars with alarms. If you remember a specific part of a map and know that just a few steps away there's a mob of Z's, don't go blasting away at the car nearest to you. Wait for the horde of them to come out and then do it.

Make sure that on each playthrough, whatever difficulty you're currently on, you always fully upgrade your rifle as soon as you can (but also upgrade other stuff at the same time, if you can, just to a lesser extent until you've fully upgraded the rifle). It is the weapon that you always use the most because it has infinite ammo, very long range and can even be used to control groups as long as they're not too big (then you switch to the SMG or the Shocker, if you have it, which is one of the best guns in the game but only for groups).

I guess that's all I can remember right now. Feel free to tell everyone some of your own advice that you came up with (as long as it's tested and effective), I'll be glad to read some as well because I need all the help I can get. Razz
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

https://what-the-game.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Dead Nation difficulty advice Empty Message to Crimson

Post  Warlord James Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:33 am

I did not have time to read the entire post i am on a pay for computer and i only have 3 minutes left and the bar closes soon but i read a little through it (in spain dont blame me blame ... well ok blame me) quick question dose this game have a multiplayer i would love to play it with you at some point if it dose.
Warlord James
Warlord James
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dead Nation difficulty advice Empty Co-Op

Post  CrimsonWolf Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:35 am

Yes it does. It has online co-op! Very Happy
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dead Nation difficulty advice Empty Re: Dead Nation difficulty advice

Post  CrimsonWolf Fri 24 Jun 2011, 9:48 am

CrimsonWolf wrote:...it'll probably be a fairly easy platinum...
I take this back, it definitely WON'T be an easy platinum. Sad I'm having a lot of trouble with completing this on grim co-operatively.
CrimsonWolf
CrimsonWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dead Nation difficulty advice Empty Re: Dead Nation difficulty advice

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down